The process for declaring your major depends on the college where it is housed. Below you will find a list of the majors that USF offers and what you need to do to declare.
College of Arts & Sciences
Complete the online form at http://www.cas.usf.edu/declare.
- Africana Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Science & Policy
- Pre-Health Professions (not a major or degree program)
- Health Sciences
- Humanities & Cultural Studies
- Information Studies
- Interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
- International Studies
- Mass Communications
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medical Technology
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- World Languages
- Women's & Gender Studies
College of Behavioral & Community Sciences
Complete the declaration form at http://www.bcs.usf.edu/common/file/UndergradForms/declaration_major.doc
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Social Work
College of Business
Schedule an appointment at http://www.coba.usf.edu/services/ugrad/UGAnnouncement/UGeSchedulerInfo.htm.
- General Business
- Information Systems
- International Business
College of Education
Complete the Pre-Education Advising Student Information Sheet in DAC 107 or register for an information session at http://www.coedu.usf.edu/sas/session.htm.
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Foreign Language
- Secondary Education
- Physical Education/Exercise Science
College of Engineering
Schedule an appointment by calling (813) 974-2684.
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science/Engineering
College of Medicine
Contact ATEP advising office at (813) 974-2833 to request Declaration of Major form.
College of Nursing
Attend an information session (See dates online at http://health.usf.edu/nocms/nursing/AdmissionsFinacial/acadAdvisingAd.html).
College of Public Health
College of The Arts
See specific major requirements below.
Complete the Major Declaration Form in SVC 2043.
- Undeclared/Major Re-selection
- Pre-Hospitality Management
- B.S. in Applied Science (must have A.S. degree from a Florida Community College)
Requires application, 60 hours of credit, and a previous separation of 3 years or more from your college career. Contact 1-888-USF4YOU or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or go to http://www.usf.edu/innovative-education/programs/bachelor-of-general-studies/ for step-by-step directions in the application process.
- Bachelor of General Studies
Advising Resources Home