FKL Home | FAQ | Requirements | Courses | Philosophy | Learning Outcomes | OASIS Schedule Search | Contact
Fine Arts Core Courses
Students must satisfactorily complete three (3) credit hours of approved coursework in Fine Arts. The Fine Arts core area is constituted of courses from the visual arts, music, dance, theatre, and creative writing.
- Address the creative experience.
- Engage students in theoretical and/or experiential study of aesthetic dimensions.
- Address perspectives of both the artist and the public.
Course content will:
- Focus upon the meaning, theories, history, products and processes of the fine arts by individuals and groups.
- Provide students with an appreciation of how the fine arts contribute to the ways of knowing, the human experience, and contemporary life.
Courses may be interdisciplinary, considering the interrelationships among the disciplines of the fine arts as well as other core areas of knowledge.