FKL Home | FAQ | Requirements | Courses | Philosophy | Learning Outcomes | OASIS Schedule Search | Contact
Humanities Core Courses
Students must satisfactorily complete six (6) credit hours of approved coursework in Humanities.
The Humanities are those areas of inquiry in which we turn our attention to ourselves. Studies in Humanities will foster students' ability to:
- Analyze beliefs.
- Make sound judgments about the evidence that supports them.
- Communicate through language and other symbolic media.
- Be creative in expressing themselves and in interpreting how others express themselves creatively.
Courses in the Humanities will:
- Explore methods and theories of criticism that apply to our creative, expressive, and communicative actions.
- Enable students to appreciate different cultures and traditions within our own society.
- Increase students' knowledge of human civilizations, past and present, and their languages, literature, art, religion, and philosophy.
Courses that fulfill these goals will emphasize the use of primary texts and sources and require writing assignments in which students produce a sustained argument in continuous prose.