Present: Dell DeChant, Sherman Dorn, Bradley Kamp, Michael LeVan, Sunita Lodwig, Dewey Rundus, Larry Thompson.
Absent: Sharon Geiger, Steven Reader
Guests: Keenan Arodak, Cordell Chavis, Janet Moore, Kay Perrin
The meeting was called to order at 3:07 p.m.
Operating Procedures - Paragraph 1 Revision:
"Provision of appropriate liaison with various levels of university administration and other appropriate university councils and standing committees."
Paragraph 1 last sentence Revision
"...one member from each regional campus."
"Chair of the General Education Council (ex officio and non-voting)"
"the Undergraduate Council judges that none of the assessments of learning outcomes in the Voluntary System of Accountability is appropriate for the USF undergraduate curriculum, and adoption of any would be inconsistent with the development of the Academic Learning Compacts at the state, university, and department levels."
Prior catalog copy - 0708
In addition to the College’s graduation requirements, the Department has the following policies:
1. Advising is mandatory prior to each term.
2. Exit Interviews are a graduation requirement for all students.
3. Only 2 “D” grades in engineering courses may be used to fulfill graduation requirements.
4. Students are strongly advised to take the Fundamental Exam (F.E.)
New catalog copy - 0809
In addition to the College's graduation requirements, the Department has the following policies:
1. Mandatory advising is required of student prior to each term.
2. Participating in Department assessment activities, including an exit interview, is a graduation requirement for each student.
3. As a continuation requirement, students must have a C or better in EGN 3311 Statics; EGN 3331 Mechanics of Materials; EGN 3353 Basic Fluid Mechanics; and EGN 3365 Materials Engineering I. In addition students must have a 2.5 GPA (best attempt) in these courses.
4. No D grades in engineering courses may be used to fulfill graduation requirements.
5. Students are strongly advised to take the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (F.E. Exam).
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Information Systems
The minimum grade in specialization and general engineering courses (other than COP2510, CDA3103 and COP3514) will be a C-. The minimum grade for COP2510, CDA3103 and COP3514 will be a C.
The next meeting will be Monday, November 26, 2007. The meeting was adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
Please send any suggestions or comments to:
Office of Undergraduate Studies